Technical Director (2015 - 2017) - The Bridge Fellowship
Executing audio, video, lighting for all worship experiences for weekend services ( 2,500+ people ), weekly satellite campus, youth ministry ( 350+ students ) and community wide events ( 5,000+ people )
Director of Media (2007 - 2015) - Aldersgate Renewal Ministries
Amplify company's message with clarity and boldness while maximizing the use of new technologies
- Manage all print media for the company
- 6 books from concept to completion and creating different E-book formats
- Reduce the company's spending on an average of 33% and increase their quantity on an average of 50%
- 2 eight page newsletters annually ( past: 4 newsletters annually )
- Local event promotions ( promotional items, flyers, brochures, postcards )
- Church event promotions ( promotional items, flyers, brochures, postcards )
- National Conference and Youth National Conference promotions
- Diverse sizes of flyers
- Bulletin inserts
- Brochure ( 4 panel roll fold to 11 by 6 )
- Program guide ( 32 page publication )
- Magazine Advertising ( Charisma, GoodNews, and Interpreter )
- Company’s display presence
- Event banners ( 15 different banners to help participants navigate )
- Parent Company display with large center banner and two banners on either side
- Youth conference display with large center banner and two banners on either side
- Company’s resource materials
- Participant Manuals ( 6 different manuals for weekend events )
- Reduce the print cost of the participant manuals from unit price $2.38 to $0.95
- Aquiring new wholesale printers saving the company over 60%
- 10 different brochures communicating all aspects of the organization
Senior Graphic Designer (2001 - 2007) - Clarksville Quick Printing
Designed and created multiple clients' unique business personas by incorporating their ideas with innovative artistic fare. Arbitrated usage of industry standard design software and developed time-saving procedures using templates.
- Clarksville Quick Printing has been in business for over 35 years, serving Clarksville and surrounding areas.
- Responsible for designing and creating a client’s identity by incorporating their ideas with artistic fare.
- Arbitrated usage of industry standard design software and developed time-saving procedures using templates.
- Managed day-to-day operations from collaboration with customers, implemented creative design concepts, prepared prepress files, incorporated attention to details with proof-reading, and awareness of deadline commitments.
- Reduced spending on maintenance supplies and parts by 50% by researching different suppliers.
- Maintained and serviced various printing, copying, color-proofing and prepress machines.
- Supervised unique printing practices, file preparation, PMS expertise, 4 color process, complex spot color, color enhancement, photo touch-up, file conversion, trapping and color theory, which greatly contributed to an increase in overall quality.
Graphic Art Technician (2006 - 2007) - The Leaf Chronicle Newspaper (Published Daily)
Maintained and oversaw $350,000 of digital computer to plate equipment and $60,000 worth of software. Maintained and oversaw $21,000 of state-of-the-art digital proofers. Inventoried, organized and expedited $216,000 of plates, chemicals and other items that required annual purchasing.
- Maintained and oversaw $350,000 of digital computer to plate equipment and $60,000 worth of software to run Prinergy with plugins.
- Maintained and oversaw $21,000 of state-of-the-art digital proofers ( Epson Stylus Pro10600, Canon Image RUNNER C3220, and HP 8500n ).
- Inventoried, organized and expedited $216,000 of plates, blanks, chemicals and other items that need to be ordered annually.
- Implemented new forms to increase work flow and maintain inventory: plate move sheets, TrendSetter Service Cards, Weekly Bender error forms, and weekly reports.
- Facilitated cleaning and servicing TrendSetters every week and a monthly chemical change, which includes replacing all the filters, cleaning rollers, calibrating the tension between rollers, removing jams, cleaning sensors, and restoring the processor.
- Cultivated effective communication between press, sports, news and creative advertising departments which achieving better deadlines by giving input on current issues from different departments.
- Prepare and color-correct digital files by using expertise of color theory in formats including Quark, Photoshop, PageMaker, InDesign, Acrobat Profession, Intellitune, Prinergy-Workshop, Illustrator, and a host of other software.
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills by working in a fast paced graphic arts environment involved with 45 newspapers weekly, with a quality score increasing from 87.5% to 91.1% SNAP test scores from Gannett because of strong proof-reading skills and attention to details.
Graphic Designer (2002 - 2003) - American Contractor Exam Services
A.C.E.S. has 7 offices throughout the south servicing contractors by providing helpful classes, material, and extended support. Their "No Pass No Pay" guarantee has enabled them to be a leader in their field.
- Worked with teachers to create professional and functional workbooks, forms, and yellow page ads.
- Created eye-catching flyers, postcards, business cards, and book catalogs.
- Created a standard for this new position by using effective forms, procedures, and printing networks for their future design department.
- Saved the company 73% on legitimate full-version professional software by researching different vendors.
- Reduced spending by servicing their commercial copiers, printers, and computers.